A relatively adequate fuck-ton of dragon references. (This contains several types of dragons; this is mainly for inspiration in recognizing the flexibility with creating dragons.)
[Note that there are GIFs in this image set; wait for them to load.]
A lovely fuck-ton of animal paw references (per request).
Reference! Reference! is a free database that collects different video clips, with categories ranging from facial expressions, to styles of fighting, and animals in motion.
You can play and pause the videos, and move through them frame-by-frame easily.
I’m freaking out, man.
The Poodle Rainbow
- Sable black hairsover red, apricot, and cream bases
- Progressive lightening (silver, blue, silver-beige & cafe au lait) puppies are born black or liver and progressively lighten as the hair grows out - the name depends on the depth of the final colour. The nose stays black or, on liver, brown.
- Particolor (piebald) white spotting on a coloured base
- Brindle black striping over a coloured base
- Phantom (black & tan) red pigment (red, apricot, cream, white) occurs in a classic Rottweiler pattern over black (black, blue, silver)
- Solid (black, brown/liver, red, apricot, cream, and white) all should have solid black noses, except for liver which by its nature always has a brown nose - although recessive reds may have fainter black pigment. White, cream, apricot, and red are all shades of recessive red, while liver is a recessive mutation of dominant black. Creams may have apricot shading among their hairs, differentiating them from whites.